Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Spring colors

Unfortunately my spring colors aren't outside. We had melting snow and muddy yards on Sunday and ever since it has been near or below freezing and we have patches of grass and ice. I will have to find all of my spring treats on my fabric shelves.

A friend gave me an assortment of fat quarters, on the left, and I have been adding fabrics from my collection to them for about a year. I think I am happy with what I have in the group, so now I have to decide on a pattern.
Here's another view with the fabrics spread out.
I am thinking that I may just make a quilt of squares. The simplest patterns show off the fabric more. I am always drawn to the quilts of just squares if the fabrics are interesting. I think I need a no brainer as we go to my mother's 3rd appointment this week (2 more to go, one tonight and one tomorrow). Indecision creates procrastination. I need to make a snap decision and create, for the relaxation and calm that happens when I sew.

We are supposed to have partial sun most of the days this week so that helps, and the weathermen are promising 40's and 50's next week. Dare we believe them?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your comment "indecision creates procrastination"...it is similar to my favorite motto "overanalysis leads to paralysis".

Cathi said...

The fabrics look gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you do create with these.

Vicki W said...

The fabrics are gorgeous! Red is my favorite color but I tend to favor warm reds and oranges in my quilts. I agree with you that in the midst of stress we need simple projects for our therapy!

I put the flannel quilt on the frame last night. I'm doing a panto called Ebb and Flow. I think it's giving the effect of a breeze rippling a flag. I like it and it's going REALLY fast! I'm going to use the same panto on my coins quilt hoping for a water effect.

jovaliquilts said...

Such gorgeous fabrics! I bet it will be beautiful in squares.

Alas, I know first hand how indecision leads to procrastination. Maybe being able to say it that way will help me decide and move on the next time I get mired down.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great quote to save and remember!

I know lots of folks have a "love it or hate it" relationship with the Yellow Brick Road quilts, but when I find myself overstressing on a pattern that will showcase the fabrics, YBR is the pattern I know will work (although my quilty friend Chris has a long history of turning her fat quarters the wrong way when cutting out).

Yes, in the midst of it all, simple is GOOD. And I love the way you showcased those fabrics for us!!!

Pattie said...

I'm new to your blog, and I'm so glad I stopped by today. Those reds are yummy! I'll check back to see what you end up doing with them.

And I agree: simple is good, in all aspects of life!

Anonymous said...

Just read all of the above comments and feel they have covered todays blog with good comments, and I agree with all.

Especially your presentation of the glorious Reds and yellows.

Hope all of these appointments have helped your Mom.

J~MT

meggie said...

Hope the news is good for your mother.

Your reds are very vibrant & alive!!

Elaine Adair said...

Wow - those REDS sure do brighten up a dull almost-spring day!

MJMR said...

Hope your moms appointments went well. Love the fabric combination. Can't wait to see what you make!