Thursday, March 13, 2008

From the archives

Here is another wallhanging made from the scraps and leftovers of another quilt. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the original quilt. This might remind you of the quilt top below that I posted previously and that is because they are both from the same set of scraps.
I think I have that color scheme out of my system and won't have to use it again. The grayed purples aren't available as much now anyway.

The sun is beaming in on me again today, the fourth day in a row. And........it is above freezing!

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

"I have that color scheme out of my system"

That's very funny! Isn't it the truth though. We go through color cycles.

Anonymous said...

You made those 'leftovers' into a 'feast' for our eyes. Love the 'smokey' hues and continuity layout of the triagles.

Studying the next one it was fun to see the variety of patterns using strips, triangles, and squares. And how you made them work into a great original piece. Your talent always makes me smile.

J~MT

Rebel said...

Oh wow! I love that top quilt. I love the shading.

jovaliquilts said...

I really like the way you used the fabric in the second quilt. And I love the colors!

Kim West said...

beautiful!!! both of them... it is also neat that you use up scraps from a project to make another quilt. I tend to just put them in a scrap bin and forget about them.

meggie said...

Your ideas are always so fresh & pretty. Love those colours.