Sunday, March 2, 2008

Postcards

I was taking the postcards down from the design wall when I noticed a hole in one of the fabrics on the postcard on the left. These were made from the scraps of the Turning Twenty Again quilt top that is on my blog-shop. I immediately thought I need to cover the hole, and walking by the table of yo-yo's, I saw a brown Fossil Fern one that I thought might work. Then before I took all of the postcards down I decided to take a picture of them as a group. Here are the fronts...
and in the same order, the backs.
I was trying to clean off my cutting table and found this piece of patchwork, leftovers of the Fossil Fern fabrics that I made yo-yo's from. I added the new fabric that I had purchased on each side and backed it and finished it. Did the cutting table get cleaned off? NO! I had fun instead.
I think this fabric on the back might be one of the Ricky Tims fabrics.
My mother is doing fine again, now taking her pills with applesauce. The independent living facility is now giving her ground meat so she can swallow it easier. The sun is shining and it is supposed to be in the 40's, so I hope some of this snow melts.

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

These are all very cool! So glad to hear that your Mother is doing better. I finished quilting the pinwheel quilt last night and will be adding the binding today. I'll send you a photo as soon as it's done but I love how it turned out!

jovaliquilts said...

I'm glad you had fun instead of cleaning off your table, because I love looking at your stuff! That red postcard is wonderful. I love the color gradations, and the few drops of yellow in that red-orange make the whole thing sing.

So glad your mother is doing better. That must be such a relief. Our snow has visibly melted even since earlier this morning, hoorah.

Lynn Douglass said...

What a nice surprise to discover your blog this morning! Thanks, Vicki W! Your postcards are yummy, indeed! I love using lots of color in my work, and thoroughly enjoyed going through your pictures. I'll definitely visit more often.

Anonymous said...

WOW ! What a great collection of Post Cards you have created. Each one is a true work of art. What a great idea adding the yoyo to hide that hole, makes that post card even more special. No one would have ever known. Your expertise with working with such small pieces of fabric certainly shows here. Love each one of them.

So happy to hear your Mom is doing much better. I do hope it continues for her, your Dad and YOU,too. When a parent or child is struggling the whole family struggles with them.

J~MT

Anonymous said...

Hi Wanda,
Happy Sunday. Love all of the post cards,
especially the use of a yoyo.So glad your Mom is doing better. jmh

meggie said...

Your cards are fascinating. I love the last one, with the bright colours.
So glad your mother is better.

Mechelle said...

If your cutting table it REALLY big then you never (almost..) need to clean it off - hehehe!! I hope all the snow melts and the flowers pop their little heads up soon!

Lynda said...

I love this selection of postcards. What's interesting is that, while there are sets of similar ones, the whole group has lots of different ideas and colour themes in it. Lovel.

TB said...

Very nice postcards!