Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Nothing new today

Yesterday my mother had her legs rewrapped and she will be wearing the surgical shoes for a couple weeks so I am doing their grocery shopping for them today. She has said many times that maybe she is done shopping and someone else should take over. Then she changed her mind every time and decided no one else could DO IT RIGHT. She has set me up for failure but I refuse to accept that and I WILL do it right.

This is one of the pieces from the "to be finished" box. It is leftovers from 3 different Strips that Sizzle quilts. I will make it into a baby quilt to give away. Right now though I have to get busy and finish some things to send to the gallery in Southern IL by April 1.
The sun is shining again today and we will be above freezing. Tomorrow sounds even better.

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

I love this pattern. And I love your use of color. I found your blog and now visit often to see what you are doing next. Blessings.

Cathi said...

What a gorgeous top. I love how you use colour and really look forward to visiting your blog to see what you've done next!

jovaliquilts said...

You call your post "Nothing New" but it's new and exciting for those of us who read your blog! I learn so much about color and value from looking at your quilts. This is just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Wanda, I've said it before and now I'll
sayit again. Your artistic use of color is
an inspiration to us all. jmh

Shelina said...

I love the three dimensional look of these blocks.

Anonymous said...

I like!!! Wig.

meggie said...

Another treat!

Anonymous said...

I love the squares with depth inviting us to take a closer look inside each. It has great charm and will make a lovely baby quilt.

You have created another gem ~ from pastels to the deep jewel tones in this one.

J~MT

Elaine Adair said...

This one took my breath away! Stunning colors.

Floriana said...

il vostro blog รจ molto bello ,ciao ciao

Anonymous said...

Wanda, the comment above says "Your blog is very beautiful!" "Ciaou, ciaou" is either "goodbye" or "hello" or maybe "Hi!". (My Italian isn't all that great.)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color and style! How do you plan to quilt it? quiltking

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

quiltking, I usually just ditch quilt something like this. I might add some meandering, but don't usually make that decision until I am basting.