Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Playing some more

I trimmed some of the blocks I made last week into any inch measurement plus 1/2" for seams. The top row is 2.5" x 3.5", the next row 3.5" x 3.5", the next row 3.5" x 4.5" and so on.

Last night in wind down mode I made a few more which I haven't pressed or trimmed yet.
I have just gotten back from my mother's 2 dr. appointments this morning. Her legs are still wrapped, so the home health nurse can legally come for one more week. Her legs are better but her regular dr. wasn't there today so she saw the other one. Now she has other problems, none of them emergency things.

5 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Oh, those blocks make me smile!

meggie said...

Wonderful colours!
I have an 85 yr old beloved Aunt, & I wish I was near her so I could take her out, & cheer her up, & cook for her. She is saying she wants to be 'gone'.She has lost her appetite. She is going to have to sell her house, & move to a small unit, & it is really upsetting her.
I dread getting so old.

Anonymous said...

Simple blocks of exciting colors, making a fun colorful statement. Another of your magical pieces emerging from your design broad.

I too dread getting old and facing life's health issues. I can sympathize with you as your parents care giver. It is a day by day situation that we face with strength we didn't know we had.

J~MT

The Calico Cat said...

A. Hope your mom gets better real quick.

B. Love those funky batik blocks.

C. Love to see that you don't press as you go.

D. I am almost tempted to pull out my project that is "similar" to this... (framed 4-patch made out of batiks & hand dyeds. The 4-patches are done...)

TB said...

I like it so far! And I'm glad to hear that your Mother is doing better.