Friday, February 8, 2008

This week's # 4 finished

I finally got the beads added to this piece. If I decide at some point I don't want them on there, they are sewn on by hand and easy to remove. For the time being I am happy with it. I decided to add the tape portion above the binding on the bottom instead of on top of the binding. This is all new to me since I have not ever added trim like this before. Did you know that Hoffman batiks have added some new colors?
Neopolitan is new this year, chocolate and strawberry. They also haven't had any really good purples before. The blue is a rich blue unlike their earlier blues. I like the coral too. Can you tell I like the Queen Anne's Lace pattern?

I had a gift certificate to Batiks Plus that I just had to use. They cut 40" yards and mark each fabric with it's order number so if you need more when you get it, you can easily order more. Oh and I forgot to say they only carry HOFFMAN batiks, so for us Hoffman junkies, it is easy to shop.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

The beads are a nice touch and those fabrics are yummy! I'll have to look for those colors at the quilt show.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Those Queen Anne's Lace patterned fabrics are marvelous... I've been pondering on a "scrappy" batik quilt and one or more of these may just find their way into the mix! (I used to pick Queen Anne's Lace by the armload when I was a child in Michigan.)

So glad you're happy with your beading ~ and that you're enjoying the adventure!

Kristin L said...

The queen anne's lace is a very pretty pattern. I've noticed that they have a "triple layer" batik now with birds and trees that's really pretty.

meggie said...

I wasn't so sure about the beads when I first saw them auditioning. Now, however, I think they look fabulous!
Your posts are so inspiring. I have some lovely beads I have been saving, & if I used them in such a way, they could be out being admired instead of tucked away.

Anonymous said...

I like Meggie was one of your followers' that stated "no beads"~ But I must admit they do add a sophisticated touch to your quilted piece. NICE

Enjoyed seeing your selection of batiks. Love the blue. And thanks for adding their web-site.

J~MT