Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Not a sewing day

Yesterday looked like it would be a "snow day" to stay inside and sew but it turned out very differently. At 9:10 a.m. I got a call that my mother was going to the emergency room in an ambulance and that I might want to come over and be with my dad. My mother has had swallowing problems for years and she thought she had a pill stuck in her throat from the previous night. I grabbed my bag that I had prepared with my yo-yo makers in it.

They were just getting her on the gurney when I got there, vital signs all good and in fact she walked to the gurney. They saw how elderly my dad was and suggested we just wait at the apt. instead of sitting in the emergency room waiting room, while we waited to bring her home. Three hours passed so I finally called the hospital to see what was going on and they were admitting her.It seems that one of the routine tests showed something else that they wanted to check. Her throat checked out ok and we are hoping we will get a call this morning to go pick her up.

I made a little batch of yo-yos to keep my sanity, and when I got home I replenished the bag with some more fabrics, just in case.

The sun came out yesterday and most of the streets and driveways that had been plowed melted off. The sun is out again today but it will be below freezing if the prediction is right.



10 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

You and your parents are in my thoughts and prayers... take care!

Fabric Fanatic said...

ditto Julie's post....I hope everything is well with your folks.

Anonymous said...

I do hope your Mom can return home today. I sure know the emotional feelings you are coping with today. My prayers are with you and your parents.
J~MT

Anonymous said...

Wanda, I know how nerve wracking it is sitting around waiting for news. Good thing you are always prepared and, in this case, your yoyos will multiply. Hope all ends well. My prayers are with you.
Louise

jovaliquilts said...

I'll be thinking of you. I hope all goes well. It's great to have a project at hand for such times, I'm glad you were prepared. Keep us posted.

meggie said...

I am sending positive thoughts your way, for you mother to be ok.
I agree it was better to spend the time at home.
The YoYos are very pretty.

Elsie Montgomery said...

My prayers too, Wanda. I've been there and know how stressful this can be.

My Internet connection was messed up all day, but finally working so didn't read your post until almost supper time.

Hugs

Elaine Adair said...

Concerns and worries for our parents are HARD - just like the worries for our kids. Stay strong, and I am thinking of you.

Sue said...

Hope your mother is doing better tonight.

Diane said...

Wanda, Hope things are going smoothly with your parents by the time you read this. Love and prayers. Diane