Sunday, February 17, 2008

A quilt and a mystery

First, the quilt. This is the only picture I have of this quilt and it isn't very good. I made this quilt in the spring of 2005 and gave it to my dentist for her waiting room. It is an I Spy quilt with 6.5" squares bordered by Moda Marbles in lots of different colors. I hear it is a big hit with the kids. Now to the mystery. A couple years ago I decided to update the wiring in my 1953 house to grounded wiring. I had to use those 3 prong adaptors everywhere in my house before that. I figured it would be money well spent when I ever sell the house. I decided to add a few perks while I was at it and had motion sensor lights installed in several places, one being on the back of my house. Every night around 11-11:15 I walk out to the kitchen and studio to turn off lights and the back light is on. I was beginning to think I had a timer on it and didn't know it. I always go to the window and look out and rarely see anything out there. Sometimes it is just the close tree branches moving with the wind that have set it off. Last week I finally saw one of my visitors. He came back again last night so I decided to try taking a picture with just the light across the yard from him.
Here is Mr. Opossom rooting around in the area below a bird feeder. The squirrels are greedy and messy and drop a lot of seeds to the ground in their haste. I saw a rabbit out there at night this week feeding off the same spot. So the mystery is finally solved, this old guy just lumbers through my yard tripping the light and then he usually hides and I don't see him.

5 comments:

mzjohansen said...

Oh ! I had forgotten about those ole possums. I used to get them around the bird feeders too - ehrn I lived back East. Good catch !

meggie said...

It is a very large looking possum!

Kids just love I Spy Quilts! My daughter has made several, & we have all joined in playing, with our Granddaughter.

TB said...

We had one these fellers living in our backyard under the shed for a while. He would come out at night and send the cats, in the house, into a frenzy!

Anonymous said...

What a fun colorful quilt. Enjoyed by all ages as much as the kids playing I Spy, adds a nice memory with a visit to the Dentist that most of us do not look forward to.

I know where you live~ the critters you have in town surprise's me. Those bird feeders attract more than just birds we sure know that as well.

J~MT

The Calico Cat said...

Love the I Spy - my favorite "genre" of quilt, though I have barely finished one myself (I have SEVERAL UFOs though) neat mystery guest...