Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Finishing week

I decided that I need to finish 5 small pieces this week. Yesterday I posted the first one. This is the second one. I first posted about this one on Oct. 31. If you click on tutorials in my LABELS list on the right side of the screen, it is the last one. I decided to put a facing on this one instead of binding. This is only the second quilt I have done that on. I did mostly straight line random quilting with matching thread and then added gold thread to quilt the crazy pieced square. After I finished the CP square I went back and added a few gold thread lines in the background too. This one is 12-13" wide and 16.5" tall. I was diving into the "Needs to be finished box" again and found this oldie. This is one of those things that I want out of my house, cannot figure out if anyone would buy it, don't know where to get rid of it pieces.
The store where it hung for display sold out of all of the fabrics because so many people liked it. It is a Hidden Wells quilt made with Mary Ellen Hopkins instructions in her pamphlet. This had to be 1989 or 1990 that this one was made.
It would make a great tablecloth (60" square) but I am tired of looking at it.
My house is filled with lots of things like this. I wish it would disappear but I don't want it to go to a landfill or be used as a rag to clean the garage floor. I want it to go to someone who could love it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes someone I'm sure someone would buy your quilt in question. It is beautiful! Definetely feature it in your "Wandaful Quilts".

Your strip quilt is a fun 'casual contemporary' rainbow of colors. Window in the center adds to the pazazz of this one.

J~MT

antique quilter said...

you should sell it on ebay...
thats a place where lots of people buy quilt tops.Kathie

imquilternity said...

Wanda, Don't despair..someone WILL want/love your quilt. Hidden Wells are lots and lots of work and yours is gorgeous. Try it on Wandaful Quilts. -Terri

meggie said...

I am sure someone will buy it & love it!
Love the little bright one with crazy in the middle!
Bit like me, really!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I hope you post the Hidden Wells quilt top on Wandaful Quilts ~ I'm CERTAIN someone would LOVE to have it!

Love your small piece... I need to spend time playing with my free motion quilting and take a break from piecing. Maybe you're latest finish will be the "push" that I need!

TB said...

I think that if you put it on Wandaful Quilts someone will find it to be the most wandaful quilt and buy it! There's a home for every quilt, because every quilt is beautiful to someone.

TB said...

I don't know if you have a name for the quilt at the top, but I find that I very much like the long strips of fabric, and I'm surprised that I do! Hmmm, this may be sparking some ideas. Thanks Wanda!

Lynda said...

Sorry to say I agree with you about your Hidden Wells quilt. It looks very old-fashioned next to your lovely strippy! I also agree with the other commenters, that it's a great quilt which someone will love. Liberate it, and find someone to love it.

Jeanne said...

Aaaah, this is a familiar sentiment! My house is full of stuff that needs a new home, too. I wish it would all just go away. Sigh.
Jeanne :)

Purple Pam said...

Wanda - if you need a place for this quilt to go, you can send it to me. I would love it at my house! I love it at your house, too! In fact, if you are putting them out, I would take any one of your quilts. They are all great as far as I am concerned!