Sunday, November 18, 2007

Smoky salmon and charcoal

No this isn't a food blog, I don't like to cook. Those are the colors of this Many Extended Trips Around the World from the directions in "Tradition With a Twist" by Young and Stone. l love that book and have made several quilts from it.

I have been refolding and restacking all of my quilts to try to straighten the house for a wedding shower next Saturday. I normally have a pile of quilts on a bench in my dining room and I need the bench for seating.

Here are a couple close up shots of the fabrics used and a more true color than the first picture.
The sun is shining today after a couple gray days but it is cold here in northern Illinois.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

I LOVE those colors!!!

Anonymous said...

I was impressed with your stash yesterday, but this just reinforces how impressed I am with the number and quality of the quilts you make! Oh, and you totally NEEDed that red and green fabric. One never knows when it will be the perfect shade for one of your fabulous color combos.

Candy Schultz said...

Freezing here in Michigan as well but gorgeous. Somehow when the sun shines the weather doesn't seem so bad.

meggie said...

What a beautiful quilt Wanda!

The Calico Cat said...

Wow, that looks so "decorator."