Thursday, November 8, 2007

Fabric from Paris

A few months ago my friend Mary went to Europe and Paris was one of their stops. She went to a quilt shop there and brought back some fabric pieces for me. While I was browsing one of my favorite machine embroidery design sites I saw the Eiffel tower embroidery and knew I had to purchase it and make a little wallhanging for Mary. I like to mix the machine embroidery into my projects. I love watching the embroidery machine do in a few minutes what it would take me days to do by hand and the carpal tunnel wrist didn't even hurt!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wanda, Paul and I really love this little piece. It is a wonderful memento of the trip, and a beautiful little piece from my friend and favorite quilt guru!

It occurred to me recently that I brought you these blue fabrics, while you have always said blue is not really your color. To me, this blue is very French, which is why I bought it for you.

We love our little blue Eiffel Tower and poppy! Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Like pieces of tile set into that stunning rich blue background. I LOVE blue and the whimsical fleur like design on the fabrics from France.

J~MT

meggie said...

Your lucky lucky friend! That is just perfect!

Paula, the quilter said...

When I first saw the picture I thought "What a great way to use an old hanky" thinking that the large floral was a handkerchief. And after reading the post I still think it is a great way to use an old hanky.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I've tagged you, don't feel under any obligation if this just isn't your thing, but I thought it a tad more interesting than most.