Wednesday, November 21, 2007

More blocks

After cleaning all day Monday I gave myself a break and pieced these blocks while I watched TV. I can make 6 blocks an hour if the group of fabrics is chosen ahead of time. I just pulled all of the yellow greens and then added the yellows. Here they are before trimming. And here they are after trimming.
And then they join the others. I still have to make the red/purple combination blocks and some more orange blocks.
Monday was my dad's birthday. He is 94 now. My parents live at an independent living building next door to a nursing home. They have 2 rooms, one large living/dining/kitchen and beside that is the bedroom and bathroom. They also have 3 large closets plus another 4' square storage in another room. They sold their house and got rid of all of their excess possessions when they moved there because they didn't want to be a burden on anyone when they pass. The lady who serves them lunch always makes a special dessert which they can choose for their birthday so I took them out to eat yesterday for a birthday lunch before we went grocery shopping.

6 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

Yellow and green often don't stand alone but that little shot of purple here and there just makes these sing.

And you remind me of the days when my folks were still around, and I could take them out to eat or shop. Enjoy these days. I miss my parents so much. They are huge in my memories.

blessings!

Anonymous said...

Wow...94. That is great!! A very Happy Birthday to your dad!

teri

mzjohansen said...

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH - I love those yellow and greenies!

meggie said...

How wonderful to still have your parents. My mother has been gone for 10 years, - I still miss her so much.

Love those spring like colours in the green/yellow squares.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Wanda. What a blessing that your parents are in independent living AND that your dad has just celebrated his 94th birthday. Larry's mom lives nearby and she'll be at our house today. The others live on in our memories.

THANKS for sharing more of your GLORIOUS colors... they are BEAUTIFUL!!!

TB said...

I like the green and yellow blocks. I remember when I was in first grade, I had an affinity for the green/yellow combination, and I tried to use those colors as much as possible, it pleased me so much. Your g/y blocks brought me to that memory--thanks!