Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Picket Fence

The directions for this quilt came from one of Judy Martin's older books and was called Picket Fence. I was fascinated by the idea of a rail fence type block with the center strip made of triangles. I only made a small sample as my attention went elsewhere. Here is the close up of some of the fabrics, probably from the 1990's.
I'm off to the car dealers' for an oil change this morning, tomorrow is the dentist. I would like a week in solitary, with my rotary cutter and fabric of course.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wanda, I sometimes schedule myself a 'vacation' where I don't leave the house. Or only if I want to (as in fabric shop, bookstore. . .). I know with your parents' needs that is hard to do, but maybe you could declare yourself on vacation for a few days at a time?

I love visiting your blog every morning!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I still like those fabrics.
When you book your week, can you remember to book one for me too?
Please

Joyce said...

I'd never have guessed that was a rail fence pattern if you hadn't said. Beautiful colors.

meggie said...

I always look at the fabrics- dont think I have ever seen one that I actually have!
A very different effect with that!

Melody Johnson said...

What an excellent pattern. Just a row of matching half squares bordered by two strips! A great design could be assembled in minutes...or hours depending on the size of each. Wonderful!