Monday, November 26, 2007

One old, one new

I took a Roberta Horton workshop on plaids and stripes a long time ago. This is the quilt that I made of mostly her line of fabric that is so soft and comfy to wrap up in. It isn't beautiful by any means but I still like it. I got tired of the same old block so I started taking my scraps as I was working and made some crazy pieced blocks for some of the center squares. This one is a couch throw quilt. One of the days before Thanksgiving when I had an hour to spare before picking up my parents I finished piecing the top of the Kaffe Fassett Trip Around the World. It is up on my design wall waiting for me to choose borders.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one really POPS!!! Wig.

Elaine Adair said...

Both of these are just wonderful. I've fooled around with plaids and it's time a quilt actually gets MADE!

Joyce said...

Couch quilts should be more comfy than beautiful but this one looks both to me.

meggie said...

I love the crazies in the couch quilt!
The TAW is breathtakingly beautiful.

Angie said...

Those are both wonderful! Plaids are all ALWAYS beautiful to me! :>)

Denise Aumick said...

I love that couch quilt. Somehow it looks both old fashioned and modern at the same time. It's wonderful!

TB said...

I have some shirts in plaids and stripes that I've been storing up for a quilt. I've envisioned it be something like yours, and I think I will like making them into a quilt based on what I see in yours.