Saturday, October 27, 2007

Star Trip

5 or 6 years ago I bought a pattern called Star Trip. Every time I would run across it I would think "I have to make that one soon". I was asked if I would teach at a quilt shop and I noticed they had this pattern in stock so I agreed to teach a class on it. I wanted to make mine out of all Kaffe Fassett fabrics. The great thing about having students is that you get to see how a bunch of other fabrics will look in the same quilt. Here are my students' works in progress.
The comment from J-MT yesterday had me thinking that I needed to go out and pluck a branch off that pretty tree and scan it. I did that with several leaves 2 years ago and printed them on ink jet fabric and then put fusible web on the back so I can just iron them onto a background.

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

That is a cool pattern!

meggie said...

Those quilts all look very different in other colours.
Love the idea of the leaves.

Anonymous said...

Your students compliment you with their work. You have shared with them your talents, and it shows.
re:Branch, Oh my gosh Wanda~ What a wonderful way to design fabric from nature. I can just imagine what you will do. Don't forget all those wonderful flowers also. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece(s).
J~MT

Candy Schultz said...

I love the black, white and red one.

Dixie Redmond said...

Wanda - I love the star quilt you made. The colors in it really speak to me! A very happy quilt.

Can't wait to see what you do with the branch motif...

Tracey in CT said...

Love the star trip quilt! I love seeing all the different combinations in the same pattern!

Can you tell me the pattern designer or book the pattern came from? Thanks

JRinMN said...

My friend passed. She willed me this quilt set, but no instructions. Where can i get them so i know how to cut the fabrics and put together?