Thursday, October 25, 2007

Another Trip

I am teaching another Trip Around the World class right now. I pulled out this one that has been in progress for more than 7 years. I can date it back to that time because that is when I quit working at the quilt shop where I used it for a sample for a class. I pull it out as a sample for every class I teach but rarely work on it. I decided to actually sew on it this time and finally sewed the last seam in the last strata. Now I am ready to slice the other way and finish it. This is a color combination I rarely use but I just love it. Here is a close up of some of the fabrics in it.

8 comments:

Laurie said...

My first quilt was a trip. I've made several since-5. Besides teaching some friends to make them. (I could almost count those quilts in my total I think). I'm going to have to post mine soon. I love trips and your color selection is wonderful. It's almost a watercolor quilt.

Shelina said...

I just pulled out my TATW to show to my brother this weekend. The whole family loved it - so I really must finish it. It's just a top now.
It was a fun quilt to make.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE it too.

J~MT

Joyce said...

Oh the joys of a large and varied stash!

meggie said...

Yes! It is such fun to sit & lose myself in your wonderful fabrics!

Candy Schultz said...

It just dawned on me that that is bargello. Maybe it is not such a pain after all. Ha ha I have only been quilting 25 years. It is possible I am an idiot.

Anonymous said...

I think that the part about this one having "been in progress for more than 7 years" just made several of us feel better about our own works in progress... : )

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

this is beautiful, one day I'll have try my hand at one of these... maybe in 7 years...