Tuesday, September 11, 2007

This and that

I went to our church for our sewing circle yesterday and I remembered to take my bigger camera with me to get a picture of my banner hanging there. The afternoon light wasn't glaring so bad in the windows so I got a pretty decent picture. I showed a picture of this banner in one of my early July posts. Earlier this year when I was working on my first Kaffe Fassett fabric quilt, I started these 3 postcards. The one on the right is waiting for inspiration, the other 2 have flowers from some of his fabrics appliqued, raw edge, no fusibles, with stitching along the flower petals and veins of the leaves.

7 comments:

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I stumbled upon your blog and I just love your quilts. The colors are glorious!

mzjohansen said...

What a wonderful church ! Who id the cool wall hanging? I generally don't like watercolor quilts but that one is awesome ! I also really like what you did with the postcards!Terrific!

Vicki W said...

Your quilt looks awesome on the church - it GLOWS! the postcards are really cool too.

Teodo said...

Ciao, I found you through Meggie's blog......
is true your colors and your quilts are great!
ciao ciao

meggie said...

Those postcards are just lovely!
And your banner is very special too.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like the contrasts in the postcards - like them a lot!

Unknown said...

Love the banner. I could just imagine sitting in service looking at your quilt and letting my mind wander as it spoke to me. Try leaves, just leaves for the third postcard.