Thursday, September 6, 2007

The County Fair

I worked all day at the store and then went out to the fair for a couple hours. This is along the first path in the fair grounds. This is the real reason I pushed myself to go out there after working all day.
There is the spool quilt on the wall of the store booth. I made everything that is hanging on that wall. While I was working there I tried to come up with one new quilt each year that had a lot of machine embroidery on it. I made the big Pfaff sign too and each letter is full of embroidery from the embroidery cards.
The ladies art building has the quilts in it. They are hung over poles and overlapped. There were 69 entries in the large quilt categories and over 50 lap sized quilts entered. They have added categories for the people who have their quilts quilted by someone else.
More quilts, and I will show more tomorrow. You should be able to click on the pictures for a little larger view.

7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fairs are such fun!! I will be delivering 5 of my quilts to the Mid-South Fair on Sunday afternoon... it actually opens on my birthday (9/21) and we'll go after work that day to see if any of our entries have earned ribbons (Larry is turning in 5 of his woodturning pieces). There's some "friendly" rivalry between us to see who gets more ribbons each year :->

Elsie Montgomery said...

What a display of exuberant color! Not a surprise though. You make ordinary spools look like gems with your great color choices.

have fun at the fair!

mzjohansen said...

Thanks for this post ! It is so great to see how other counties display their quilts and what their fairs look like ! I still say you have more energy thatn 2 of me !

meggie said...

Thanks for showing us these pics. I Googled the Fair, but it hadn't opened yet, & some of the cameras were not working.
Your work looks very impressive on the Pfaff stand. Love seeing all the quilts too.

Anonymous said...

THE Fair at Sandwich Illinois ! What a treat to see quilts in the Womens Building was my favorite building to study such wonderful needleart work on display. Brings back so many happy memories.

your old friend from Montana

Rose Marie said...

You have ears and we have beaver tails here! Bet yours are as good as ours. Fairs are such fun, thanks for sharing!

TB said...

Your community seems to be quite active with quilting. That's wondeful. I'm also impressed with all the quilts you've done for the Pfaff shop.