Thursday, September 27, 2007

Many Thanks

Thank you to everyone who took time to comment on my layouts since Sunday. I still don't have a firm idea of how the quilt will look so I will get busy making more blocks, especially the blenders with 2 colors in them (yellow/orange, red/purple, etc.). It makes a huge mess to make crazy pieced blocks so I am reluctant to start them when I know the studio should look kind of neat and picked up. My art quilting group is coming next Monday so I won't work on blocks until at least next Tuesday. Even though they meet in the basement I like the studio to not be too much of a mess as they pass the doorway.

This is an "almost" postcard size piece. It is 4 1/4" x 6 1/4" so I think I was intending to trim the edges and have it be 4" x 6" but I already had the edges finished before I realized what I had done. Now I could come back and "fix it" by trimming off the edges and refinish them, but since I'm not participating in a swap or in any other way trying to push this off as a 4x6 I think I can live with it the way it is.
Building the background is a great way to use up the skinny clean up cuts of fabric. This one is all batiks so they are the same color on both sides and also don't ravel too much while working with them.


5 comments:

Joyce said...

I like your sky idea. I am doing some wonky houses right now and may borrow that idea for some of the skies.

Elsie Montgomery said...

I'm curious. What do you do with all your creations... sell them? Give them away? Mail the postcards?

Btw, this one is a darling... and who says it has to be another size!

(I tried 3x to post this comment so hope you don't get three of them)

Diane said...

Your postcard is a tiny work of art. It's amazing how much detail those batiks imply. I didn't leave a comment yesterday so I'll chime in here. I thought I was going to like the checkered layout best but I prefer the single diagonal. For some reson, each color seems clearer and more defined. The blocks look like jewels or Jolly Rancher candies.

Vicki W said...

I love how you constructed this little art piece. stitching all of the edges just brings all the little bits together in harmony.

meggie said...

I love that little card. What a nice feeling it has.