Thursday, September 20, 2007

Color Combinations Continued

Continuing on from yesterday, the next time we met we did blue and orange. It is recommended that you use more blue than orange in a combination to make it pleasing. I had to try it both ways though. I don't think I want to make many more in this combination so maybe they will have alternating blocks of some chain type pattern.
The third session was red and green. Trying to not make it say Christmas was my goal. The purple, green, orange was another combination, maybe a triad, with a very soft orange, very strong fuchsia purple and 2 shades of green, one so dark it was almost black.
I still have a lot of triangles and squares already cut and sorted in these tiny drawer units.
I have already pieced some blues and greens in a more random fashion to use up these leftovers.

4 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Holy cow... have you considered using some of all in 1 quilt - since you have soooo many units/blocks pieced.

meggie said...

Swooning at the possibilities!
I like that drawer idea too.

Diane Perin said...

What fun! What a great color study! Have you seen Sharyn Craig's book Setting Solutions? She has great attractive variations for ways to set blocks that might work for your blue and orange guys...

Shelina said...

Wanda, this sounds like a great color study. I've been thinking about different colors myself, trying to see what works and what doesn't work. In my head, not on fabric. Have you found any color combinations that you absolutely wouldn't use? What do you think it is that makes a fabric clash with others?