Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Spools

This is another store sample with the Kaffe and batik fabrics. The spool quilt I am copying was also in one of his books. This will be one of the quilts decorating the store booth at our county fair which starts today. It is a 5 day fair, the last of the season, and the biggest county fair in Illinois. I will be helping out by working at the store 3 days this week and at the fair on Sunday.
Here is the quilting detail. I ditch quilted the spools and block seams and did free motion in the border with the look of thread puddling off the spool. Click on the picture for a closer look.

4 comments:

Lucie said...

I must admit that I have been dropping by for a visit every day now and really enjoy your quilts. You have great imagination to create such wonderful quilts.

Joyce said...

Very colorful. My favorite kind of quilt! I have a small piece that's very similar to the border. Great fabric.

meggie said...

I so enjoy seeing your lovely quilts! The wonderful bright colours lift my day.
Enjoy the Fair.

TB said...

Your piecing an quilting is so precise. Very nice work.