Monday, September 24, 2007

Another layout

My original thought when making these blocks would be to lay them out in color wheel order. However I will have to make a lot more blocks if I want to do that. I will need the ones that are a blend of yellow and orange, and a blend of orange and red, and a blend of red and purple, etc. I have only made 2 orange blocks so this trial layout isn't very successful, but I had to try it anyway. I wouldn't run the colors in straight rows either, I would have them on the diagonal or vertical and weaving in and out of each other. A close up in the "cool" area.
A close up in the "warm" area.

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh, how I've missed visiting and enjoying your wonderful colors... do you have a "pattern" that you start with when you do these gorgeous crazy blocks? I absolutely LOVE them. I'll be back as my arm permits to read through all the posts I've missed...

Elsie Montgomery said...

The "warm" colors are appealing this morning (maybe because we had a frost last night) -- the fabrics are scrumptious!

Have you ever made a king-size quilt? We are getting a new bed and the huge part is scary. It might be years before it gets a quilt, but I'm already planning yellow and blue, not too busy, maybe a medallion...

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Julie, no I don't start out with a pattern, it is all shaped due to the size of the scraps added, and then trimmed to a new angle.
LC, yes I have made at least a dozen king size quilts over the years. A medallian would not get boring like the same pattern over and over would.

meggie said...

Very challenging to get your colours just so. So interesting to 'watch' you work.