Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Another busy day

Here we have another picture where I wasn't standing directly in front of the quilt, and yes it really is square. This is another of those batik panels that I love to buy and rarely use. The blocks around it are "Easy Pieces" by Margaret J. Miller. One day about 8 years ago a friend and I sewed blocks all day. I did lime green ones, blue ones, and turquoise ones. I have made 3 quilts out of them but the other 2 aren't quilted yet. I found this border fabric about 2 years after I had put the blocks together into a top. Yesterday was busy from morning to night. In the afternoon I hired a guy to come wash the outsides of my windows and to take out a window air conditioner that just wasn't working well. It was in the north window of my studio so now I have 3 windows, unobstructed to let light in.

4 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

Question: How big of a bag of scraps do you need to sew blocks all day in only three colors?! Seriously, your stash must be the envy of all quilters who know you! These are like jewels.

Joyce said...

Love the blues. And the batik panel is very cute. The border fabric is perfect with it too.

Diane said...

Wanda, That border print is the best excuse I've ever seen for keeping projects unfinished until you find just the right fabrics. With the way color trends and fabric styles change from year to year, what were the chances of you finding such a perfect frame for your quilt?

meggie said...

What all the others said!! That border is just perfect. The colours are like jewels.