Sunday, March 15, 2009

More double 4 patches

Yesterday was cleaning the basement day. My art quilters are coming tomorrow. I took a break though and pieced 4 more double 4 patch blocks. I still need to make 5 more for the top and 2 for the bottom corners. As I look at the photo I can see one that can be moved to the outside edge and I'll make a new lighter one for its place. The Christmas cactus has its first official bloom of the year. I think they are so beautiful.
The sun is shining and 60 degrees predicted for today and tomorrow. I will open some windows today and enjoy the fresh air.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the progress on your quilt! The Christmas cactus is gorgeous. That is the color that I had, before I had neglected it. I wish I still had it around. Enjoy the warm weather, we are getting it too. That is exactly what I do, open the windows to air out the house and let the fresh air in....

Millie said...

The quilt looks great!

Anonymous said...

Your basket quilt is growing on me! The more I look at it the more I like it! I like your pin wheels from yesterday too. You did well to piece anything while having a migraine. They tend to zonk my son when he has one!! Flashing lights and patterns whizz around! So well done you!! Take care.

Anonymous said...

So happy you take time to share your daily sewing progress with us. Always brightens my day.

Your Christmas catus looks so healthy and that blossom is indeed beautiful.

J~MT

Eva said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love it!

Jane Moxey said...

I love the chain the double 4-patch makes in your basket quilt! So glad you are finally getting some warmer temps in your neck of the woods. And that Christmas Cactus is so beautiful! Thanks for all the sharing that you do with your lovely work!

Jeanne said...

Love your basket quilt! The Christmas Cactus is so gorgeous! Does it bloom more than once a year?

Cathi said...

That flower on the cactus is amazing! How gorgeous! How long does it last?
The basket quilt is fabulous!

TB said...

It seems such a long time since we've seen the sun here. I waiting for your sunshine to move east. Glad that you're having it for now--you deserve it after the hard winter.