Sunday, July 6, 2008

Exuberant indeed!

Many of you have commented on how I have lived up to my name (Exuberant Color) with this quilt top. At first I though it was maybe too exuberant and maybe even gaudy. Then I looked back at the quilts I love in Kaffe Fassett's books, and no, it isn't "too" anything. It is right on the mark. It is all sewn together now, using some of my nervous energy created by my mother's health problems. My mother was scheduled for her surgical procedure tomorrow, and 3 days ago the blood test revealed that her kidneys aren't functioning properly. They gave her medicine to pull the potassium out of her blood and then another blood test yesterday. This morning she tells me about a pain she has had off and on for several weeks, guess where, in the kidney area. It has been worse lately, so we have called and cancelled tomorrow's procedure and will be seeing her primary Dr. instead. They had told us in the beginning that anyone with kidney problems has a higher chance of having to be on dialysis after this surgical procedure. I am relieved that she isn't going ahead with it.

15 comments:

Joyce said...

There's no such thing as too much color. I hope your mother feels better soon.

Sequana said...

Kaffee would be proud. *S*

My thots are with you and your mom. I've been thru that very situation, and it's so stressful.

Take care of yourSELF.

Jeanne said...

Keeping your mom and you in my thoughts. I know how you're feeling.
Jeanne

Cathi said...

It is one of the most vibrant, cheerful, happy quilts I've seen! I love it!!
I'm keeping you and your mother in my thoughts. Don't forget to take time out just for you -- 'cause it's such a stressful situation!

Vicki W said...

Exuberant indeed! I'm sorry to hear that your Mom is having more problems. I hope they can get her stabilized soon.

Sue said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. My dad had to go back into the hospital this week, and it's not looking good. So I know what you mean about sewing to use up nervous energy.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I know you must be so worried about your mother - we worry about our parents just like we did our children. I hope she's better soon. Blessings, marlene

Dixie Redmond said...

This quilt is just right on the exuberance meter! Beautiful. I love it.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Prayers and good thoughts are with you as you help your mom.

Absolutely LOVE this quilt!!

meggie said...

I agree that you can never have too much colour!
Hope your mother's health problems settle.
Congratulations to all your winners too.

dee said...

Sorry tohear about your mother. Been there done that with my FIL Jim. Hopefully sewing gives you the escape it gave me.
Loving the Kaffe quilt. It just makes you happy to look at it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary.So glad your mom will have surgery. Tried to get in drawing but had trouble. Can hardly wait till 21st. alt

jacquie said...

Sorry to hear about your mom. I know that can be very stressful. The quilt is wonderfully exuberant. Will you add borders?

Lynda said...

Sorry to hear about your Mum. Funny how things often turn out for the best, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Really exuberant! I love Kaffe's fabrics in just about any combination. I whipped up a Turning 20's quilt out of his fabrics just so I could enjoy them and it's one of my favorite quilts. The fabrics can't cheer us up if they are in the drawer!