Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Borders and pieces and parts, day 5

I really am working on the border for the blue/purple crazy pieced quilt. I made a few more crazy blocks. And I made some more strip piecing.
I sliced them into 4.25" wide segments and started playing with them on the design wall. I need to make more crazy blocks to finish up.
These diamonds are leftover from the church banner which ended up being all green. I had originally thought I might make the top more like sky and then changed my mind. They will be sky in another quilt.
I had a lot of leftovers from the dotted quilt with 168 different dotted fabrics. I played around with the scraps but haven't gone back to it.
These blocks are left from the Northwind quilt that I made.
More strip piecing from dark to light. I think I just wanted to see if I could do it successfully in black and white. I'm not sure I ever had a project in mind.
And now back to the last minute cleaning for my company......

14 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Every time I read your blog I wish I had half the energy you do! I really want to stay home and sew for about a week!!

jovaliquilts said...

What a treat! These have been so much fun to look at. I'm a little sorry that we've reached Day 5 and the parts show is over. Maybe you'll do it again some time.

Sequana said...

How do you cut your diamonds?

When is your company arriving?

Diane said...

Man, that blue string border is looking good!

Joyce said...

Gotta love dots. My fave. I love the black to white strips too.

Jackie Russell said...

I really like your batik quilt.

meggie said...

More goodies to sit & admire! The black & white worked well.

jacquie said...

It's better every time I come. I really love this (except the fact that it's purple). Sorry, it's just not my color.

Sharon said...

Your batik quilt is coming along great. Are you happier with it? I love it! And I'm also enjoying seeing all your parts and pieces. It's fun to see what other people have done. I love your dots!

Cathi said...

I absolutely love the blueberry sundae quilt (thats how I think of it -- a blueberry sundae!) It is utterly fantastic!!
The dotted quilt blocks are so much fun -- might make for an interesting centre of a table runner.

Anonymous said...

Your black and white strip example hints of an Escher drawing. Very nice.
Vicky F

Quiltdivajulie said...

So much to like... the blue/purple has become AMAZING! Love the black intersecting strips in the polka dot fabrics...

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Wanda
Do you have a picture posted of the Northwinds quilt ( the dots with the black strips in it) I love it - I think it would be fun to make and wondered what the whole quilt looked like.
You have such great leftovers- the sea of batiks and the florals are just my thing.
Your purple quilt is a beauty.
Regards,
Anna

TB said...

Oh, the blues are lucious. So rich.