Monday, March 10, 2008

Bento Box

Bento Box is a pattern by Tracey Brookshier. I had seen many versions of this made by friends and on other blogs and it kept calling my name. I had a lot of 3" strips of batik already cut and only had to cut a few more strips for variety once I started it. I started making the blocks a few months ago and I was able to get the top all sewn together over the weekend. Even though the pattern has you cut enough for all 4 quarters to be the same 2 fabrics, I had shorter pieces and only got one light and one dark quarter from my strips.

I'm sitting here at my computer with the sun streaming in the window and hitting the side of my face. It is only 28 degrees out so this feels so good. I wonder if we can get Vitamin D through a storm window and inside window?

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

That turned out really nice. I've always liked that pattern. It seems to be one of those patterns that can never look bad!

jovaliquilts said...

I have that pattern too and have imagined it with so many different fabrics! I like yours a lot.

Sorry, but glass filters out most of the UV light needed to make vitamin D. This time of year at your latitude it's problematic even outdoors, though very soon we should get be able to get plenty of vitamin D in the outdoors sunshine!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I love this pattern and yours in particular.
We're having hurricane force winds here, not cold but a little scary.

Melody Johnson said...

Sigh, so nice. I too have the sun on my face while read your blog.
Synchronicity. Sometimes just the simplest block can make the most satisfying quilt.
Mel

Anonymous said...

Another eye pleasing quilt and again I hope everyone enlarges the photo to see all the beautiful fabrics in this quilt. I like to enlarge and look at the quilt as I write my comment.

I wish you spring SOON~

J~MT

meggie said...

I love this bright pretty quilt.
J-MT is right, the fabrics are just glorious.
I would rather have a quilt that looks like that, than all the jewels in the world!
I wish we could share some of our sun with you. I am supposed to be avoiding it, because of my skin, but I dont think there is any improvement.

Purple Pam said...

Love the bright colors. I have wanted to sew this pattern, too, but have not taken the time to do it. I need a class, then I will start it, and hopefully finish it!

Cathi said...

Love the fabrics you used in this top!

Michael5000 said...

Yummy....