Monday, November 5, 2007

Some Progress

I finally finished this top and it is now waiting for its borders. My art quilt group will be here today so I will ask for their opinions on border fabric.
The Kaffe Trip is coming along nicely too. I have sliced the last strata and will have this done in a couple days. I picked up enough Kaffe fabric on sale for a backing so this will be a 100% Kaffe quilt. I usually don't use all of one line of fabric in a quilt, but actually the pieces are from several different years and several different groupings so the colorings are not too similar.

8 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

Hi Wanda,
These round the world quilts sizzle too... very nice.

Thanks for your suggestion about king-size quilts. It would work except we like to sleep under a quilt, so I might make the top and send it to a friend with a long-arm. I've colors in mind, but no setting. Leaning toward a Snails and Stars idea that I have in EQ6 but never seen made. Will 'Google' it later!

happy quilting this week!

elsie

Joyce said...

Do you do these wonderful quilts square by square or in strips like Bargello? Great fabric choices.

meggie said...

I dont usually like red, but I love that Kaffe mix!

Anonymous said...

Each square of fabric has such a wonderful print on rich color. Both quilts are just wonderful. Do you dream in technicolor also? (*._,*)

J~MT

Vicki W said...

They are both so different! Each is effective. If these were to be bed quilts I'd be tempted to use both and make a two-sided quilt - one side to soothe me when I'm stressed and the other to wake me when I'm feeling lazy!

Rose Marie said...

Love both but am drawn to the top one. It reminds me of Alaska and the layers of colours found in the glaciers at the waters edge.

Anonymous said...

Another one i like. It is bright and happy,good go. Wig.

Anonymous said...

Like Meggie and red, I don't usually go for bright of intense colors, and yet I absolutely love the Kaffe quilt. Hmmm, I may have to put something like that on my list...