Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Another trip

Here is another trip around the world waiting patiently for its borders. This one is made with 4 colors, 5 values from light to dark of each. This makes more rings than the one group of fabrics. I picked some of my coral bell leaves and scanned them yesterday.
This is the back of the leaves.
On the way home from my walk I started picking up good specimens that I don't have in my own neighborhood.
These are from my neighbors' red oak. The ones I scanned 2 years ago were a little browner.
Now I just have to print them on fabric. Since it costs about $3 a sheet I will only print the ones I am ready to use. I have some Bubble Jet Set which I can use to make my own inkjet fabric. Maybe I should try that this year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! that is a 4th of July quilt top, it just explodes. Such fun to get my day started with another of your GREAT DESIGNS.
Love the leaves, I did not know those sheets costs $3 each. I can understand why you would make your own fabric for printing. Your leaf collection has my design mind spinning. (*._,*) J~MT

meggie said...

Those leaves really are fantastic.
Another brialliant quilt!

Rose Marie said...

What is it with the TATW that gives us that WOW factor once the pieces are moved just a few inches? So far, I have done three and a variation of this pattern and will continue to make more. Your colours are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Your trips are really neat,Wig.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Those coral bell leaves are fantastic!

TB said...

Last year I picked up interesting leaves on a walk throught my nieghborhood, and came home and photographed them, mainly for the shape. I did not think of actually printing an image of the leaf on fabric. I love the coral bell leaves. I hope that when you print some of these on fabric that you will post a picture.