Thursday, August 27, 2020

Setting triangles.........

I decided it was time to make a decision on the setting triangles for the Hunter Star fish quilt.  This multi-color streaky batik was my favorite when I showed several choices.  I decided to get brave and cut the squares and cut them twice diagonally and that would give me the streaks the long way for top and bottom triangles and the short way for the side triangles.  I still need to cut the corner triangles.


I decided to get a start on sewing last night so I sewed the first three rows together.  I'll do a few rows a day and hopefully have it done by the last day of the month.
 

18 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

I like the effect of the setting triangles - looks like the fish are swimming in water with the suns reflections. Hope you've had the rain you wanted - been wet here most days the past week :)

Julierose said...

Very pretty triangles--they do look like water flowing...nice choice;)))
hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

What a great effect the fabric makes on the whole quilt! Almost like the quilt is melting, or showing movement.

hetty said...

Good choice of fabric for the triangles. The fish are swimming.

Libby in TN said...

Good choice! I think I have that batik, too.

patty a. said...

That streaky fabric looks great! It picks up the colors in fish and I can imagine with a darker binding that fabric will frame the fish beautifully.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Those setting triangles make all the difference - LOVELY!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like it!

Sue said...

Great choice for the setting triangles! They really make this one excellent. You remain an inspiration to me! Thank you.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I love the light that your streaky batik brought to the quilt, Wanda!!

Anne said...

That border fabric is so perfect! I love the way it changes color as it goes around the quilt!

Vicki W said...

Oh gosh, yes!

sue s said...

Great pick for setting triangles!

Needled Mom said...

I like that idea. Nice choice of fabric.

JJM said...

That was my favorite piece when you were 'auditioning' several pieces on Saturday August 15th for this grand, fun happy quilt top. Perfect combination for those fishes !

JJM

Elsie Montgomery said...

Love it, Wanda!

Mystic Quilter said...

The fabric for the setting triangles is perfect for the fish!

Kerry said...

Love the whole effect with the setting triangles like rippling water for the fishes. Beautiful.