Thursday, August 20, 2020

Light Kaffe prints..........

 One of my readers yesterday commented that there aren't very many light Kaffe Fassett prints and she is right with the newer lines.  In his older prints from the early years (late 1990s through early 2000s) there were quite a few.  There are a few Brandon Mably prints from the last few years in this photo too.

Some of the new fabrics in the last couple years have had the colorway "Contrast".  I thought that was a strange name.  Most of them are deep pastels with gray and white.  It will be interesting to see how they all work together.  I have several prints in "Contrast" but didn't take time to look for all of them last night.

9 comments:

diane said...

Enjoy the picture of your lighter Kaffe fabrics.

How timely your mention of light fabrics. This week I've been searching online for lighter Kaffe fabrics and found out just how few there are. Ordered 4 fabrics and only one worked for my project. The other three will be there for when I need them on something else. Can never have too much fabric sitting in the wings.

sue s said...

The thing I like about the "regular" Kaffe fabrics is how brilliant the color is and how the background is a part of it. The light ones don't have the same appeal to me; they look too much like others on the market.

patty a. said...

Those fabrics are so pretty! Light prints are even hard to find in non- Kaffe fabric! If you see a good one you have to buy some whether you need it or not!

Needled Mom said...

I have always been impressed with your contrasts because of there being so few. You have a nice collection of them over the years.

Julierose said...

I agree that lighter fabrics are difficult to find--and I've never seen any KF ones before--they are really pretty..very soft...
I'll be interested to see how you use them...hugs on a beautiful day Julierose

JJM said...

A very pretty array of pastels. Kind of surprised to see so much gray mixed in but it sure compliments the pastels.

JJM

Anne said...

Look at all those beautiful light fabrics. And I do have some of those in my stash: the gray ferns, the gray Guinea Flower (one of my favorites). I'll look through my stash again.

I did go online yesterday to a couple of different sites with good selections of Kaffe fabrics and did find some older lighter prints. I'm going to order some... ideas are ruminating!

Thanks for sharing all these gorgeous light fabrics!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love that circle print and can't wait to see ho you will use it in your new quilt, Wanda!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

You always have such a beautiful bouquet of fabrics to show. These were very soothing. Thanks.