Sunday, August 9, 2020

Lots of progress........one more day........

 I spent all morning yesterday trying to finalize the layout with the 7 new blocks mixed in.  I would take a photo, load it into the computer, look at it, change a couple blocks and repeat, repeat, repeat about 10 times before I decided on this final layout.  Then in the afternoon I started sewing the different sections together.  I decided to sew those parts into 2 large sections to make the sewing easier.  All that is left now is to press all of the seams I have already sewn and sew the last seam.  I will take it down to the basement for its final photo tomorrow.  This main floor studio is too narrow to get an evenly lighted photo.  My large sewing cabinet blocks the light to the bottom edge.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

What a glorious quilt;))) Nice work on this
Hugs from afar Julierose

Libby in TN said...

You have such a good eye for color balance! Congrats on the near-finish!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the color is really looking good in this

Nann said...

I've admired it all along -- and I really admire this penultimate layout!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The colors are just gorgeous in the quilt.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely! A bright and beautiful quilt!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Nice one, Wanda. I missed the post before this for some reason (it is there now) and hoped you hadn't dropped off the planet! Glad to see your creativity every day!!