Friday, August 21, 2020

A few more light Kaffe collective........

 I must have done something yesterday but I don't know what it was.....it was that kind of day.  Before I came up from the basement I hunted through the Kaffe collective fabrics to see if there were any more I could add the to the light neutral collection.  The 2 big prints with more color would only have a few areas that would work.  You might have noticed there are basically no yellows in this group.  They would be considered lights too but my original intention for this group was to concentrate on pink, white and gray and try to make a low volume quilt out of them.  I thought it would feel very old fashioned and resemble a vintage quilt.  It won't be the next one on my list though.  I need to finish the Hunter Star top and the bow tie top, setting triangles on the first and a border on the second.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

they do look very vintage--will be looking forward to seeing what you come up with for them;)))
Hugs early in the day Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

The big prints looks gorgeous with the rest of the fabrics. I am so far behind on my quilts. If I end up homeschooling my grandkids, I will certainly fall further behind.

Quiltdivajulie said...

LOVE your idea for a low volume KFC quilt. Your light stash is impressive!

Tami Von Zalez said...

As a huge fan of low volume quilts, I look forward to what you will do with those Kaffes.

Anne said...

You have motivated me to take another look at my stash to see what I have in light Kaffe fabrics. I dug in last night and found a stack of about a dozen fabrics. I also see that I have four of the fabrics that you show in your photo in today's blog post. I did not pull those from my stash.

This has been an interesting exercise in looking at fabric differently.

I'm going to dig into my stash again and see what else I can pull.

(I think I may have posted a dupe comment... oops)

Mystic Quilter said...

I had thought I wouldn't have many of the KFC paler fabrics but some of the slightly brighter ones looked pretty good using the reverse side.