Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Cute little 6" blocks............


The 6" churn dash blocks are so cute and paired with the 12" block they fill the space the same as four 9" blocks.  I ended up just replacing the center square on the 12" block with a lighter color and now it is OK.
The light source is at the ceiling so the bottom really isn't as dark as it looks here.  I need to bring up some auxiliary lights for a night time photo.  The photo at the top of this page is truer color.  You can see the complete layout now and I think I need to still move a couple blocks but the layout isn't too bad.  I really could add one more row across the bottom now.  Here I go again, making a larger quilt than I want to be working on.  Right now it would finish at 63" x 72".  One more row would be 63" x 81".

Decisions, decisions.  I could say I'm done and have it off the design wall by tomorrow.  I could take my time on it and add another row.

Meanwhile we are in ultra cool weather for early August with low humidity and still have a few more days of it before the heat starts sneaking back in.  Humidity to arrive late Saturday.

11 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

I've enjoyed looking at all the different kaffe fabrics and zoomed in to get a closer look at them all. Another row of blocks may be a better option, especially if the quilt will be for sale. I'm glad you're getting some cooler weather to work with - I don't envy the heat and humidity you get - happy sewing :)

Frog Quilter said...

Love this top. Has everything that I like! Yum.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like having different size blocks in this quilt - it all goes together so well

patty a. said...

The 6" blocks are cute! Adding another row would make it just about a twin sized quilt. It rained again last evening, but it looks like the rain here is done for the next week. The rain over the last three to four days has given everything a good drink! That was a lot of rain for this time of the year and I am very grateful I haven't had to water.

Needled Mom said...

I really like the addition of the 12 and 6” blocks. They add such interest to the design.

Anonymous said...

L0ve this quilt.from Ill.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE the colors in this one!! You didn't ask - but I vote for "take your time and add another row" - LOL - ;))

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks good, Wanda!! I vote for a quilt top tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing what YOU choose to do! :o))

hetty said...

Love the 12 and 6 inch blocks. They add interest! Another row makes sense. Looking forward to what you are going to do.

JJM said...

Churning and Dashing big and small I love them all ! Another spectacular designing job Wanda.

JJM

Tammy Hutchinson said...

This looks great. The different sized blocks, and the colors/prints of the 12" and the top left block which look similar, make me see a diagonal and then my eyes keep moving around!