Tuesday, August 4, 2020

12 inch block...........


For everyone who was confused about my mention of a 12" block and five 6" blocks......here is the explanation.  To remove 9" blocks to put in a 12" block, that leaves a space for five 6" blocks to complete the area.  I think my 12" block might be a little too dark.  It is a really pretty block but......   I will cut the 6" blocks today.  I have the fabrics all chosen and pressed.  Then I'll decide if I need to make another 12" block with a lighter background.  All unused blocks will go into the Kaffe orphan block box.  I need to move blocks around for a better balance of lights and darks so that might be a project for today too.

We had a beautiful cool and low humidity day yesterday and another planned for today.  It feels like fall.  But wouldn't you know it, close to 90 degrees predicted for Sunday.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Now I understand better--thanks...;)) (a bit math challenged here).
I find moving blocks around on my own design wall is a tough job on my back and arms...be careful and take rests....
Hugs from afar juierose

patty a. said...

That block might be ok, but it just depends on what you are going for. Being darker, it does stand out. I bet you Kaffe orphan block box has some wonderful blocks in it!

Roxanne said...

I think those 6” blocks are going to look awesome!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I've never made a quilt with multiple sizes of the same block. I am SEW looking forward to seeing how this comes together!