Sunday, August 23, 2020

5 blocks..............

 5 more blocks for an ongoing project.  I was cleaning off one of the tables and this group of fabric was laying there waiting to be cut for these blocks.

I pulled some fabrics for candidates for the border of the bow tie quilt but haven't auditioned them yet.  Hopefully that decision will be made today and I can complete the top.

Outside I have been cutting down the peonies a little each evening.  Last year I left them for October and then we got a lot of rain and then it got really cold and snow.  I will have most of the clean up done this year before winter.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Cute novelty fabrics...great way to use them so that they show up nicely...
Hugs julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Novelties look great. It has been too hot yesterday and today to cut anything down. Had to put the air back on again.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Enjoying slightly cooler temps and lower humidity here. Planning a back porch picnic for later today with the kids and Little Man. Our plants are still going strong - clean up usually starts in October and continues slowly through December. good luck with your projects (all of them).

JJM said...

Pop corn, thongs, chairs, oreo's and orange blossoms... What a fun array of prints. All prints I'd never seen before, except I seem to remember you showing the pop corn print before. Fun Sunday post.

JJM

patty a. said...

It seems too soon to get a jump on getting yard work done before winter, but winter will be here before we know it! I notice how the light is changing and fall will be here soon than we think! I should have weeded this weekend, but I just wasn't in the mood. I went for a walk Saturday and Sunday early morning, and by the time I got back home it was too sunny in the front to weed.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a great way to showcase those conversation prints, Wanda!