Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Planning ahead..........

As I start cleaning up my basement I needed to know what colors are missing from the framed 9 patch blocks so far.  I have 31 blocks made and I need 80 for the size quilt I want to make.  I knew I had a lot of black and white in it so far.  I laid it out light/dark/light/dark but I don't think the final layout will be like this.  I can see I need a lot more bright colors in this and a lot more medium tones.  I'm sure I'll find some candidates as I start putting away fabrics.
On one of their visits here from TX my sister in law said she loved this table runner so I gave it to her.  She loves to decorate her home for the seasons so here we have her Halloween display.  Pretty cute!  

7 comments:

patty a. said...

I agree that more is better when it comes to making a top with lots of different colors. Sometimes I don't think there are enough colors! That table topper is cute all set up with the Halloween items. I guess I need to get my ceramic pumpkin and display it somewhere.

JJM said...

What a delightful post of photos today. Your framed 9 patch blocks and I am guessing in my mind which sister in law designed that cute autumn display. Tell her it made smile, so cute. I decorate for the seasons also.

JJM

Jenny said...

Isn't it lovely when family and friends can share in your quilting projects. The runner has found a great new home and is loved and appreciated, I'm sure.

Vicki W said...

It's so rewarding when someone really likes something that you've made!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Isn't it good to see your beautiful table runner being so artfully used!

Lesley Gilbert said...

Love the cuties on the table runner - I never see things like that here, but then we don't celebrate halloween/autumn the same as you.
I've been busy sewing bags to sell so not been on tinternet as much lately - enjoy the rest of your week :)

Lynn Dykstra said...

Alice came out to play in your window quilt too!