Saturday, October 5, 2019

Moving things.........

This pile of mottled batiks has been on this chair in my studio for close to a year, maybe longer.  They need to be moved and while looking through them I'm pondering whether a quilt made of ALL mottled batiks would be great or mush.






Some of them are one color mottles but most have more than one color in them.








I have a few favorites in the pile.  And no, I didn't find a place to move them to yet.

Instead I mowed 2/3 of my yard while the temperature was 58 degrees. It was in the 40s the last 2 nights.  I guess we can safely say fall has arrived.  Now I have all of the yard work to do, cutting down all of the peony plants, planting a few hostas that have been in pots all summer, and cleaning out all of the milkweed plants.  We have had rain off and on recently and cutting wet plants is not a fun project.  It sounds like we will have a few dry days at the beginning of next week.

My new little great granddaughter was born yesterday, 6 pounds 14 ounces.  She has dark hair like her daddy.  So now there are 3 "greats".

17 comments:

Maria said...

Some nice batiks there....
Congratulations to all on the arrival of your little great granddaughter....

Jane Dallmeyer said...

I,too, have been pondering what to do with batiks!! Which pattern is easy and effective for all the colors!!
Let us know when you decide!!

Marle said...

Ooh, what a lovely stash of batiks!

Sharon W. said...

How about a mottled colorwash? If anyone can do it, YOU can!!!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda. Congratulations on your brand new great granddaughter. Is this one that lives nearby or out of state? Hopefully you get to visit her soon. Little girls are so much fun to sew for! We will be eating the last of our tomatoes today and it was hard to pull out all the plants with so many green ones still on the stalks, but the insects have had their way with them for the past month or so. Good luck with your 360 class.

Chantal said...

Congratulations on the third "greats".
I too have projects / fabrics that just want to "sit" in my sewing room for a while ... for a long while. ;^)

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations on the newest little one. That's always exciting.

I'm sure YOU will make those batiks sing.

JustGail said...

Congratulations on the new great granddaughter.
I like Sharon W's idea of a mottled color wash - it looks like careful cutting could get one out of just a couple of those fabrics! Although, I have to say I love your combinations of Kaffe Fassett and similar fabrics with batiks.

JJM said...

Three great grandchildren ! that's wonderful Wanda. And your mottled batiks is a beautiful stash on your chair. And don't worry about moving it, I think I gives your studio ambiance.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congratulations on the newest "great" little one. Those mottled batiks are gorgeous - I like the idea of keeping them where you can pet them frequently until you decide how/whether to use them.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Congratulations on the newest little one! As far as the mottled batiks go - I like them on the chair - they make it look pretty - LOL - ;))

Radka said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter!
xx

Elsie Montgomery said...

Adding my congratulations too. Grandkids are so special.

I have two tops given to me by a dear lady in Arizona. They are all batiks. I'll send you a couple photos tomorrow or the next day. I've not decided what to do with them yet. They are about twin size, or at least large lap quilt size. Very colorful!

Too tired to go look for my camera!

Kerry said...

Congratulations! Lovely to add to the greats!

That batik is gorgeous - reminds me of my trip to the US many moons ago and it was an ooh wow moment!

patty a. said...

Congratulation on the new great-granddaughter!

Mystic Quilter said...

congratulations on your new granddaughter Wanda.

O'Quilts said...

You do amaze me Wanda...with cutting the grass...etc. I have never cut grass in my entire life!! Fabric found here and there so exciting...xo