Sunday, October 27, 2019

2 quilt tops............

Here is the finished 48 block pink and green 16 patch with scenery fabric inserts.  I have staystitched the edge so there will be no popped seams or strectching of the edges.  It is approximately 48" x 64".






I decided I should sew the baby quilt top also using all of the really pastel pink and green blocks.   It is 36.5" square.









This is probably the best true color photo.  Hanging on the chair are the 2 backing fabrics.  Now that I added rows to the larger one I will have to piece the backing.






Yesterday morning I decided to play with my African fabric scraps since I created a few more of them when cutting for the colorwash.  I have starts of 10 blocks here which will go with these when finished.  I will have to make at least 4 more blocks for the project I have in mind.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

I really like those scenery inserts a lot in the 16-patch quilt...nice eye-resting places...hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

Pink and green splendor on both pieces. Your true color photo kind of surprised me as to how soft the colors really are. A lovely Sunday post today Wanda.

JJM

P.S. 22 degrees this morning when I walked

Quiltdivajulie said...

SO pretty -- happy to see you playing with the scraps, too.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

The scenery inserts were a great design idea, and those African fabric squares I love!

Elle said...

The 16 patch baby quilt is FABULOUS!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your pink and green - so pretty!! - ;))

patty a. said...

Both tops turned out so pretty. That scenery fabric was perfect for the insert blocks!