Thursday, October 10, 2019

Cutting little squares...........

 A few people have asked if I got tired of working on my postage stamp blocks.  The truth is I needed to cut some more 1.5" print squares, 32 for each block and that takes a lot of time.  I have repeated some fabrics as many as 5 times through the 40+ blocks I have already made but I needed some new variety.  I have solid color squares cut for 10 more blocks so that is 320 squares I need just for those.  And then there are the next 20 or so blocks that I will need another 640+ squares.  A lot of my scraps are large prints not suitable for these tiny squares so I'm even pulling yardage and cutting off of it.  So to sum it up this takes a lot of time so I'm still making blocks, and having fun with it, but it is a slow process.

Did anyone else buy this fun fabric that was printed in 1999?









You might have guessed it was an Alexander Henry print since they always had unusual fabric.  Enjoy these close up shots of the print.








9 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh what an adorable print that is!! I had never seen it before...love AH's prints...good luck with cutting..hugs, Julierose a big squares fan

patty a. said...

That is a lot of little squares! I am declaring at my studio that 2020 is the year of the scrap. I have plenty of scraps to make a postage stamp quilt. Maybe I should send you some of mine.

Linda Swanekamp said...

That fabric would make a great Polaroid quilt. I just made one and it came out great.

Quiltdivajulie said...

You are so right about prep work taking a lot of not-photo-worthy time!

Sally Trude said...

Ha! I do remember that fabric. In fact, I bought a yard. And for extra credit, I found it in my stash. I do have a hunk cut out of it...used for an I-spy quilt. Is this the beginning of Great Quilting Stash Off?

Patsy M. Noyes said...

I bought that fabric, but mine was on a beige background, I use it to make wheat bags, the hot and cold ones for my husbands staff at Christmas. Hr ran the computer department for hi company.

JJM said...

That is the cutest, funniest fabric I've ever seen. (^._.^) It really tells a story.

It surely takes a lot of dedication to continue on with your postage stamp blocks. But I know it is just another another quilt to work on for you.

JJM

Vicki W said...

Look at those big computer screens! I bet a lot of people under 20 wouldn't recognize them.

Quilty Constance said...

I have that fabric! It's already slated to be the back of an I-Spy child's quilt that I have pieced together. It's just waiting for me to quilt it!