Friday, October 18, 2019

Black and white.........

I purchased a new batik, black on a white background.  The gray design is the black showing through from another layer.  I want to use a fairly large shape to show off the design better and think maybe my half hexagon die would be a good choice.
My older black and white batiks are on a shelf but I know there are more in a box a few shelves lower.  A lot of them are larger designs too.

Have you seen this quilt that Victoria Findlay Wolfe made?  It is in her "Modern Quilt Magic" book published by C&T.  It is basically a curved piece making a braid instead of a straight piece.  She has an acrylic template available to use with a rotary cutter.  I decided I had to have the template and I will start cutting pieces for it soon.  It reminds me of angel wings.

I mowed the grass yesterday afternoon. Some of our trees are just turning color now so it will be awhile before the leaves are all down.  Last year we had rain so often at the end of the season that I never got a chance to mow over the leaves that fell.

6 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

I saw this quilt at Quiltcon! Loved it too. I would make it... except my stuff is still packed... and then I have to play catch up!!!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda. I love the beautiful colors and design of this quilt, but, for my taste, there's too much light value area. Some of our trees have lost a lot of their leaves before they even began showing their fall colors, and I miss that. Been a very weird year, weather wise!

Claudia said...

Anxious to see your progress on the VFW quilt. I have the book and template and would like to get started cutting pieces from my “not as extensive” stash as yourself! Thanks for the push to get me started. Claudia

Judy P. said...

I also love-love-love the VFW quilt. Have to make it (said multiple times with glassy-eyed stare). :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

I can't wait to see which colors you choose for your version - with your stash, I've no doubt it will be stunning.

patty a. said...

I have seen the VFW quilt and that is the book that I used to make all those chevron quilts a year or so ago. I made my pieces a different size than what was in the book. I can't see what yours will look like.