Saturday, October 26, 2019

Blocks added...........

I added 13 blocks to the original layout so I had to move blocks around a bit to look balanced.  I don't like it quite as well now but it is a better size.  I sewed it last night but haven't pressed it yet so I didn't take another photo.  It will be about 48" x 64" now.







I picked another bouquet of the newest zinnia blooms yesterday afternoon because there was a frost warning for last night.











While I was out and about yesterday I saw some trees that have turned color. 





There are a lot of varieties of burning bushes and my son and I both had a variety that were pretty much killed by the polar vortex last winter.  We cut our 4 bushes way back and will see if there is any growth next year or if they need to be dug out.  These along a parking lot look fine so they must be a more hardy variety.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I need to cut flowers on Wednesday night we have a frost warning for Halloween

Linda Swanekamp said...

I still have zinnias. I took a ton of photos last week as they were visited by two butterflies over a couple of days. Congratulations on sewing it all together.

JJM said...

Pink and green looks just as pretty with added blocks as it did before. I love autumn and the colorful foliage that comes with it, and your photos show just that. Some of our trees don't have a leaf on them and others that still have leaves aren't as colorful as they should be because of our very early freezing temps.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love your pink and green blocks like this -- especially that additional single fabric print that you've positioned throughout. This one is a stunner in my book.