Saturday, June 1, 2019

May 2019 monthly recap..............

May was all about quilt tops, 9 to be exact.  2 colorwashes were started and finished in May.  The third one was started in April with the live part of my Colorwash360 class and finished in May.  The black and white just needed its border designed and sewn on.  Downtown (bottom left) was blocks started last year and finalized into a design and sewn in May.  The triangle quilt (top right) with Kona cotton color "pickle" as an insert in the blocks was started in April.  Cascade (red top center) was started in March and then put away for a month and a half.  Wild rectangles (second from left bottom row) was started and finished in May.  Prismatic Garden 14 (center bottom row) utilized blocks leftover from at least 2 quilts from my Prismatic Garden quilt series.
Speaking of the Prismatic Garden 14, it was just finished yesterday so now you can all see what I chose for the borders.  My 2 friends were over yesterday and it was unanimous that this was the perfect border treatment.  It is 43" x 59.5" and is so much prettier in real life.




Here are some closeup shots of the fabrics in the blocks.









Since it will be a lap quilt, the person using it will see how nice the fabric strips in the blocks go with the border fabric.  In fact this might look nice as the extra cover across my feet and legs on my bed next winter.








There are lots of batiks in the strip piecing in addition to the assortment of print quilting cotton.

It was fun to read all of your comments and why you chose which border in the auditioning phase.  It all goes to prove this quilt could have been finished several different ways, all the preferences of the creator and all would have been attractive.

15 comments:

Hannah said...

The border you chose was my favorite. I’m really liking the pickle one, all of them are great!

Debbie said...

This one is just right! I would not be able to share it with anyone:)

Sylvia Anderson said...

Of all your May finishes, I think the Red Triangle Quilt, is my favorite, maybe because I love red and it is something different. The colorwashes are always beautiful and I really love the Prismatic and think you should keep it for yourself.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the treatment you choose for the current quilt that you showed the other day worked out perfectly! you sure get a lot done

Pam said...

Nice inner border. I will always remember that you, long ago, taught me your secret to cut along the selvage with the grainline to get a straight design/motif.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

It's amazing to me how much you get done in a month. Way to go!

Quiltdivajulie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh you should indeed keep PG14 for your own enjoyment! You had a fabulously productive month.

Sally Langston Warren said...

I just can not pick a favorite this month. Thank you for so much inspiration and for sharing your wisdom and talent with us. So much to learn! I try to absorb it all. I really like that triangular print you used for the inner border. Who makes that fabric? (Please don’t tell me it’s old and no longer available!) I was guessing it was a Marcia Derse fabric but I have spent the past 15 minutes looking through her fabrics (online) and don’t see it (but see so much else I also love....sigh).

Connie said...

What a busy month! Do you ever sleep or do you quilt 24/7 LOL.

Kerry said...

Well it isn't pink - but I love it anyway! Grapes were always nice to have and the little border just ties it all in nicely. Well done and enjoy your quilt! :D

piecefulwendy said...

Well, now that I see it all done, I agree -- the grapes and the inner purple were the right choice. The borders really let the blocks shine. Good choice! You have had a productive month!

JJM said...

9 quilt tops completed ! (^._.^). Each one a beautiful treasure. I assume they all need to be quilted now . Did all those rainy May days contribute to your productivity ? Lovely post today Wanda.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Stunning finish for Prismatic Garden 14 and so glad you went those two fabrics for borders.
Congratulations on your stunning finishes for the month!

patty a. said...

You have a very productive month! I like the way you used the little triangles and then the grape fabric for the border.