Tuesday, June 18, 2019

More layout fun.............

This was the next layout I tried and I didn't like the way the light parts lined up between the 2 sizes of blocks.





I got two 1 1/2" strips and put them between the 2 sizes but I'm not sure if  like it or not.  There would be more rows of course repeating the small bow ties at least one more time.


Then I just changed the direction of every other one of the larger bow tie blocks and have the sections slanted in different directions  I kind of like this one.  The large blocks are 6" and the smaller ones 4" so what is shown would finish at 48" wide.  There would be at least one more section of small and one more section of large blocks in the length to end up 52" long or 2 more of each to end up 72".

I'm still working on photos and descriptions for another pop-up shop with a tentative date of opening Wed. June 26.  As usual subscribers on my mailing list will have 24 hours advance access.

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Good thing you have a lot of blocks to play around with.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I definitely like that last layout -- a lot!

Sharon W. said...

Definitely the third layout showcases your work.

Hedy said...

Kind of tricky, huh?

Juliequilt said...

I like the last layout because it makes your eye move across the piece. Great work as always.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

It's been interesting to watch you try different layouts with your bow tie blocks. Have you thought of using the small ones as a border surrounding the large blocks?

patty a. said...

Of the three layouts I also like the last on the best.

JJM said...

Sometimes I see bow ties and sometimes not. These are so unique I can see different designs every time I look at them.

JJM

Vicki W said...

You are having a great time with these blocks!

Mystic Quilter said...

I love this blast of colour, and the design in your last photo, great idea!