Sunday, June 30, 2019

Yes, one of my very favorites is for sale.............

Can you ever see enough red?  It is so rich and warm.





Crazy piecing is time consuming but so much fun to do.  I would say it takes easily three times as long to make a crazy pieced quilt as a more traditional pieced block quilt since there are so many pieces in a block.

Photographing red is a real challenge.  The photos above are probably more accurate of the color than this photo.
















The back is a rich red batik, a favorite one.  I bought it knowing that some day I was going to make a red batik quilt that needed a red batik backing.  I used the same fabric for the binding.











The quilting is a medium size meander with red variegated thread.








My Pop-up shop closes tomorrow at noon EST so you still have a chance to purchase it.  I won't be offering it at any future sales.

2 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

BEAUTIFUL! I sold my crazy quilt very cheaply - it didn't have batting inside (just a back & front) so I call it a 'coverlet'. The buyer is Asian and wanted it to put on the floor while eating. I'd love to see it being used that way. Enjoy the rest of your 'hot' weekend - it's cooler here today but I'm still staying indoors :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is a gorgeous piece. It is lush with reds.