Friday, June 21, 2019

Busy day............

I got some more 4" bow tie blocks cut in colors other than the red tones.  I need to find some more fabrics so I'll have some variety.  I'm make more of a mess than progress.

Yesterday started out with my annual Medicare physical and then a friend came over to sew with me.  I actually just did pressing and cutting.  She worked on a confusing tote bag so we both deciphered the directions.  Then I had to run an errand and when I got home I mowed the front and one side yard.  It was quite humid but not too hot.  After all of that I just got the 4 blocks sewn and shortened 2 blouses.

Today my 2 friends are coming over to sew.  One of them is having fun with One Block Wonder quilts and just got one cut out last time she was here.  

4 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

You sound happily busy! I've been watching the OBW on her FB page... Of course, give them a howdy and hug for me. I am hoping to have a free day while in the area in August to get a visit in with all of you. I will have more (lots more) outside work to do soon, too.

patty a. said...

You sure are keeping busy! Have fun today with your sewing friends. No mowing here yesterday. It poured! I was driving home and there was asphalt that the water was bubbling up thru it because there was so much water. The little spouts were at least 2 inches tall and it was on a downhill slope! Crazy! Today we have sunshine and it is suppose to be sunny all weekend so I will be mowing Saturday and/or Sunday.

JJM said...

I like the layout of these four blocks, the roundish center shows off the bow ties, perfectly.

We had SNOW on the tip tops of the mountains during the night. Kinda cool today, but with a bit of sun now and then. And to think today is the first day of summer. I hope our summer is better than our spring and I hope the same for you too. No matter what your weather is today, it sounds like a fun day with friends again. JJM

Charlotta said...

I am just putting borders on a bow tie quilt I’ve been working on all spring for my niece. Yours is beginning to look more and more like mine, as mine is set all in rings like that. Mine is all blue, green and turquoise, with neutral centers - as per the negotiated plan between my niece and myself! I don’t like to take orders or make commission quilts, but my niece has very strong feelings about what she likes, and I really wanted to make her a quilt she would like since I’d flopped once before! So we talked a lot about both colors and patterns. I really hope and think she’ll like this one. I spent A LOT of time cutting fabric, there a so many different ones in it, and I really love that. It took so much longer than if I’d just cut from a few, but it also makes it so much more interesting that it was well worth it in my opinion.