Thursday, June 13, 2019

5 more blocks..................

I sewed 5 more of the framed 9 patch blocks with print and solid last night.  So far I'm just using strips that were already  cut a few years ago.  I'm ready to start looking for special fabrics to use as I continue.

My daughter and I are getting ready for another pop up shop later this month so I have been spending several hours each day choosing the merchandise, looking for photos, measuring items, writing descriptions and figuring out prices.  I'm not as fast as I used to be...... are any of us?  I want to cut some pieces for the Kaffe bow tie quilt I started awhile ago but I haven't found time to do it for the last 5 days.
The Dianthus is looking good.  This is actually 2 different colors planted next to each other.







Here are 2 more groups on the other side of the Columbine plants.  In the background is the Creeping Charlie and Violets which grow everywhere in the back garden.  It rained off and on all day yesterday so I didn't do any weeding or digging.

6 comments:

DianeN said...

I absolutely love how your framed 9 patches are turning out and thank you for sharing the links to the blog that showcased these blocks as well as so many other amazing quilts.

Your dianthus are beautiful, as well as all the other flowers you have posted this spring.

patty a. said...

The blocks are looking good! I probably won't get any flowers this year from the Dianthus seeds I started. I started way too late. I just hope they get big enough that I can transplant them so they bloom next year. Yours are really pretty!

Radka said...

Nice blocks, the solid fabrics make them stand out well.
xx

Quiltdivajulie said...

Striking blocks - even without cutting special fabrics! Those dianthus are gorgeous.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

JJM said...

Striking framed 9 patches and always pretty photos of your plants.

JJM