Thursday, June 6, 2019

Pastel quilt top...............

The colors seem a little washed out to me in this photo but it was the best my camera was going to do.  It is 56" x 72".  I am so happy to finally use the pastel 16 patches after a couple false starts with them.  The green Brassica fabric is so perfect with them.
This is one of the red blocks.  You can see it is more of a coral than red and isn't as dark as it appears above.







I took this photo before I took it to the basement to press the final seams.  I think this is truer color.







I mowed the front yard yesterday but it was too hot and sticky to do the sides and back yard too.  While I was out I got one more photo of the red Weigela.  It is just loaded with blooms.




I only planted a geranium in one pot this year.  I have 2 sweet potato vines in the pot with it.  I have some red wave petunias to plant in some smaller pots and I hope to do that today.  It is supposed to be a few degrees cooler than yesterday and I hope lower humidity.

15 comments:

Debbie said...

I love the pastels version! So great to use those blocks and end up so pretty.

Gene Black said...

The photo before pressing really shows love lovely this quilt is.

Ann Pierson said...

Love the pastel quilt! I'm all about bold and beautiful--just like you I guess. But this is so beautiful I can't help but love it. Love your blog as usual, it's my "calming" therapy in the mornings with a nice cup of coffee! Thanks for always bringing sunshine into my day!

patty a. said...

The quilt top turned out so pretty! The weather here has been crazy. One day sunshine, cool breezes, and low humidity, and the next day rain, overcast, and damp. Right now it is 60 degrees, but the humidity is 94%! No rain in the forecast today thank goodness. I need it to dry out a bit and have the humidity be reasonable. Love the color of that geranium!

Quiltdivajulie said...

The pastel sixteen-patches are SO SO SO pretty. Congratulations! We didn't plan any geraniums this year. A few raspberry colored dahlias, some lime green coleus that will grow to 3 feet (HUGE), a couple of deep red coleus for contrast, and the rest are perennials that come back year after year.

Jackie said...

Love these colors and also the not pieced blocks that were added.

Needled Mom said...

That looks so nice, Wanda. I really like the pastels.

It sounds like gardening is demanding of your time too. At least it is a rewarding project.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Lovely quilt top with those pretty soft colors. The strips I have cut from my older florals for a 16-patch share a similar color scheme. One of these days I sew it up.

JJM said...

Bright and happy is your pastel quilt it just pulls you in.

We've not lived in Sandwich for 52 years, and we will never forget the humidity that happens there. And for you to even get your front yard mowed in that humidity is a great accomplishment.

Always a treat to see your blossoms.

Connie said...

It's a beautiful quilt . . . like a spring flower garden. The colors are so restful . . . made for having lovely peaceful dreams under. That's what I see and feel looking at the checked squares combined with the cabbage roses:)

Vicki W said...

That's a winner!

Kerry said...

So pretty - love the cabbages which sets it all off beautifully.
It must be a weigela year, as my red one is also loaded with blooms - and the bees! It is out by our back door and the humming coming from there is so tempting to stop and listen for a while - and to watch the bumblebees.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your pastel 16 patch blocks are sweet. Love to see what you are growing. I just came in from gardening and can barely use my fingers, LOL.

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a pretty quilt, very restful colours and J green Brassica goes beautifully with all the blocks.

Char said...

The pastels are gorgeous. My weigelas bloomed early this year and still have lots of blooms. One of them could use a really good trimming.