Monday, June 3, 2019

Another oldie...............

Here is another one that was probably started at least 15 years ago.  It is a paper pieced pattern by Karen K Stone called Yardbirds Circling the Cat.  The center block was done and the strips of piecing in the border were done and there it stalled for years.  Since the pieced border strips were not long enough I had to figure out what to do.  I found the light blue batik to go with it and it has been folded with it all these years.  Finally when my friends were here Friday I started working on it and finished it last night.  It is about 32.5" square.
I spent most of the day yesterday straightening up the basement, clearing off tables, cleaning my machines, etc. because the art quilter group is coming today.  I haven't seen them since March 18.  I baked cookies too.

In the backyard the red Weigela bush is blooming.




After it finishes blooming I need to trim back the length of some of the branches.

7 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

It might be an oldie but it sure I pretty. Love your yard flowers ��.

Vicki W said...

It certainly doesn't look dated at all! Your style and palettes are timeless.

patty a. said...

The border turned out good. Since it is only 32" square will this become a wall hanging?

JJM said...

As Vicki W said, this quilt is timeless, it really is stunning. Love the design.

Your Weigela bush is so pretty. Your blossoms this spring have really put on a show .

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Enjoy your art quilters -- and I really like this latest finish.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Garden looks lush. I love the quilt- the colors are so clean and perky. My tree peonies are in full bloom also.

Marnie Haines said...

Wow! This is a true beauty as are all of your creations. By any chance will you be having another Exuberant Color Pop-Up Shop opportunity this summer? You certainly have some wonderful pieces to place in one.