Friday, June 7, 2019

Knitting and Nature...........

I had a huge cone of the green variegated cotton yarn for dishcloths.  I didn't keep track how many I made from it.  I was down to the last little bit and had to guess when to start decrease rows to not run out of yarn.  I guessed pretty close and if I had knitted one more row I may have run out.  This is a small dishcloth, bigger than a coaster though.
This is the group of flowers I see from the window over my kitchen sink: columbine in 2 colors and Dianthus in 2 colors plus some hostas.  I mowed the backyard yesterday after lunch and even though it was a few degrees cooler than the day before it was still humid.  I was wiped out for the rest of the day.  I didn't even feel like sewing but I did read about 50 pages in my current book.  I am going to have to consider turning on the A/C if it stays humid.  If I had central air it would have been on but I only have 2 window units.

I have tried to dig out the Spiderwort many times but I always miss a few so there are blooms every year.  It dies back early so I really don't want it in the flower bed.

My 2 friends are coming over today to sew....fun....laughter...eating out.....

6 comments:

patty a. said...

The flowers look so pretty. I just know I am going to get some blooming this weekend. I have had my A/C on ever since the humidity has been so high. The dampness in my lower level is awful so I have to turn the A/C on. Have fun today with your friends today! I will have to mow this weekend, but I think I will take a cue from you and do it in sections because of the humidity. Have a great weekend.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have a hard time getting the spiderwort out also. We traveled to PA yesterday to dig up my daughter's garden that I planted for her last year. She has to have drainage work. It was a ton of work, fortunately not as hot and humid as you had. Her plants grew much better than mine. Maybe because she lived in the country.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your garden is looking beautiful and so green. Around here there is almost no choice the A/C comes on when you get high humidity no matter what - most have central but not all - but next week the weatherman said it might be dry enough and low temps that we can have windows open - hope so always nice to be able to do that in June.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The humidity is very hard on us - it's increasing here, too along with the temps. Mornings (early) are the best for getting things done outside. (no one even complains when the lawnmowers start at 6:45 a.m. because we all know why).

Needled Mom said...

The humidity is always so draining. Being outside mowing in it had to be dreadful.

JJM said...

I bet it feels good to get that cone of yarn all used up. I'm sure it didn't make dent in your yarn stash. Humidity is high but your gardens must love it . Sounds like you and your friends have a weekly get together going on, thats a day to look forward to every week.

JJM